Our curriculum reflects the Early Years Learning Framework, Being, Belonging and Becoming. Our program provides opportunities for children to explore and learn through their senses, nurturing positive group relationships and encouraging collaborative behaviour. Our education approach supports each child for their uniqueness as well as their individual interests, talents and abilities. Our educators design the program to reflect children’s interests, strengths, family input, community links and intentional teaching. Each interest-based learning experience is planned to developmentally challenge the children within an environment that fosters each child’s self-worth. Our highly trained and motivated team of educators are dedicated to providing the most up to date early childhood development programs.
Within our curriculum educators provide:
- Structured and spontaneous activities, using natural and manmade materials from the surrounding environment.
- Provides opportunities for exploration, experimentation, trial and error and discovery.
- Incorporate a school readiness focus, providing children with experiences that prepare them for the transition to school.
- Incorporates play based learning experiences that are structured and open ended.
- Continuously includes concepts of diversity, inclusion and equity. Helping young people develop respect for others, in terms of understanding differences and diversity within the community.
We use a secure web-based software as our main source of communication. It has an application for smart phones/Ipads which makes it extremely easy and convenient to use as well as the option to use it via email. It allows the centre director, educators and parents to easily communicate on a daily basis; through formal and informal communication posts, sharing documentation and photos. Observations and daily reports are also sent out to families to collaborate and share each child’s ongoing development and achievements.
We offer a variety of extracurricular activities, these rotate throughout the year. We are currently participating weekly in a hands-on music class run by an external highly trained music teacher. Other extracurricular activities the centre will be participating in the future include a sporting program, yoga, storytelling, dance classes and many more.